Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mirka Mora

Inspiration PLUS... Bec and I went to the Mirka Mora exhibition at Heide. It was so beautiful and inspiring... the cheeky child-like innocence. It was a bonus that there was a drawing exhibition on will some wonderful contemporary artists too... I took some photos of Bec and of the flowers in the vegetable garden and am intending to create a 'Becky Doll' to commemorate the day... so stay tuned...

It was also the RMIT textile design and production Graduates exhibition on Thursday night. It was great, yet daunting, to see the professionalism of their works. The bar is high, but I am ready for the challenge! (I can say that now as I'm on holidays!)

I am also working on a piece for the 2011 'geometrica' exhibition held by RMIT. I have photographed the city scape from Edinburgh Gardens and have begun to create a 3D diorama of it using wool... I must admit that it is the process which is intriguing to me, so hopefully the end result will be as interesting! My goal is to exhibit the 3D diorama with a length of printed cloth behind it, showcasing both the process and the end result.

Be Inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment