Friday, March 15, 2013

Next design project

I have taken another year off my TAFE studies at Brunswick RMIT, but have a personal goal to finish setting up my studio space, and produce a new Toile-de-joir and co-ordinates. I have defined my brief, and it feels awesome to have direction, even self-imposed direction. I have this old chair in the shed, we used to use it in our old house in NthFitzroy, but the use is really showing, so it hasn't made it out of the shed. But it has a history with us, and I cannot bear to put it out on the nature strip.... which is where we found it in Thornbury... and my georgeous friend Bec picked it up for us and squished it into her car... in the rain... and we dried it out... and we loved it till I had to sew patches onto it.... SO the Toile-de-joir is about the journey of the chair, and the final result will hopefully be the chair re-upholstered in the fabric with some comfy cushions in co-ordinate fabrics to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment