Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Just Made It

Phew.... I almost missed April!  How the heck did that happen?  well, what have I been doing these past 30 odd days... well I suppose the thing that first comes to mind was the short road trip into central Victoria I took my family on. 

We began in Maryborough where caught up with family and explored the shearing sheds...


We headed out to Melville Caves, near Rhiola, where I remember going when I was a child, and explored the site where Captain Melville the bushranger rode his horse into to get away from the law...
 
Then we went over to Bendigo for the Easter festivities and the Bendigo Art Gallery to check out the Royal Academy Exhibition, where we saw some spectacular paintings from artists such as Waterhouse, Millais, and Bunny.  I particularly enjoyed this 'study of a Dutch boy' by Sir George Clausen, and 'Girl on couch' by Agnes Goodair.... and who can resist the fridge by Arthur Boyd in the permanent exhibition...


We happened to be there just at the right time to check out the 'out of the box' LEGO exhibition, which the kids were flocking to.  My youngest son made up a minifig from left over parts a man was selling and was very impressed with his $3 creation.... so much so when we went to have lunch the minifig went on an adventure....
THE FISH 'N CHIP THIEF
 
On the way back to the car we passed street art, and this paste up that made my eldest son chuckle...
he's got my sense of humour :)


I have now 'filled the well' and am ready to pick up where I have left off... weaving, knitting, painting, and also a new venture with my 7yo daughter.... but that is another story...
see-ya-later mates ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment