Monday, March 2, 2015

Merely A Patchwork Scarf?

Well, haven't I been inspired by re-finding my blog! Here is my first completed project for 2015.  I've been cleaning out the shed still with the aim to create a studio space for myself.... a seemingly endless task.... and I sorted through some fabric and found some gorgeous pieces of velvet.  As a mother, velvet isn't the most practical fabric to wear, but I have always been a sucker for tactile textured fabrics and wanted to make myself a treat.... so I did and da daa, here it is....

A patchwork velvet scarf... and I've already worn it! I love it as it is a functional piece which was made from off-cuts, and I even used my Mum's over-locker she loaned me about 3 years ago for the first time, and some cotton that a friend threw my way when she was having a clean out about 5 years ago! So I now have a new skill, more confidence, inspiration to complete more, and a beautiful scarf to brighten up the coming winter..... and you thought it was merely a scarf! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment